GYROTONIC® PSOAS PRINCIPLES
Developed by AMT Juergen Bamberger
Friday, May 31: 1:30-4:30 and 6-8 pm
Saturday, June 1: 12:30-3:30 and 5:30-8:30pm
Sunday, June 2: 10-1 and 3-6pm
Location: Elements Fitness & Wellness Center
Price: $350 course fee + $175 studio fee
Often called ‘the mystery muscle’, the psoas muscle evokes many questions and brings about fascination as well as uncertainty. A place of stored trauma, tension and emotion, the psoas (so-as) lies deep within the core of the body. As a main actor of our fight or flight response it can be a source of deep distress, muscular in-balance and fascial torsion. On the flip side, when released and nourished it can be a well of abundant vitality, creativity and unobstructed movement.
The workshop will cover:
- The most current information on Psoas function and anatomy.
- Palpation techniques to find and identify the posas in yourself and others
- Home exercises that help to become aware of and release the psoas muscles
- Breathing principles and exercises that help to create psoas connection
- Application to Gyrotonic® principles and exercises
- 60-90 minute GYROTONIC® work out program with focus on activation, elongation and connection of the Psoas.
Jumping-Stretching Board Course
Taught by Master Trainer Tracy Monaco
July 26th - August 1st, 2013
Course fee: $850
Studio Fee: $225
This 7 day course is to learn the GYROTONIC® Specialized equipment Jumping-Stretching board. Must be a licensed GYROTONIC® Level 1 instructor to participate. This specialized equipment course counts as an update for level 1 instructors.
Download a Registration Form
To find out more about becoming an instructor please call 202-333-5252, contact us, or visit www.gyrotonic.com.