Heike Yates, Senior Pilates Instructor
Heike has over twenty years of experience as Instructor Trainer/Program Director, National Fitness Presenter, Personal Trainer and Pilates coach. Her coaching style is based on a strong mind body connection. As she carefully gets to know each client and their individual needs, Heike explores alternative methods to reach each client's specific goals. Her approach will keep your sessions fun, interesting and, most importantly, effective.
Heike trains a wide range of clients with varied abilities and ages, for instance, athletes, golfers, runners, and triathletes. In addition, she works with those who have therapeutic needs, such as cancer survivors, post operational joint rehabilitation, scoliosis, stenosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis, and osteoarthritis. She will help find out what your mind and body require to cohesively work together and assist in improving functional movement that is efficient and pain free.
Heike believes in cross-training and she applies her methodical approach using a combination of exercises disciplines, including Pilates. Her clients hail from all walks of life, abilities, and ages from the professional athlete to some with therapeutic needs. She is known for her articulate eye in her work with clients.
Pilates/Fitness Certifications and Training
- Certified Personal Trainer – ACE (American Council on Exercise)
- Certified Pilates Trainer – PMA (Pilates Method Alliance)
- Certified Senior Pilates Teacher – Quantum Pilates (full equipment and small apparatus)
- Certified Pilates Mat Teacher – Physical Mind Institute
- Certified Resist-A-Ball, Core I, II, III, VI, V, Yoga and pre/post natal
- Certified Healthy Moms – pre/post natal
- Certified Breast Cancer Exercise Specialist
- Certified RRCA Running Coach (Road Runners of Americas)
Heike is the creator/author of the “Pilates with Resist-A-Ball” video and training manual. She is a Circle of Excellence Master Trainer for RAB (Resist-A-Ball) and received the RAB Elite Master Trainer Award and the RAB Special Recognition Award for her remarkable contribution to the C.O.R.E. Educational Program in 2002/2003.
“It’s not what you do but how you do it!"
Visit Heike's website.
Like Heike on Facebook!
Follow Heike on Twitter!
Check out Heike's Blog.